The working title and cover for my new book… at least the first book in the series.
This isn’t the final cover. While it wouldn’t be too terrible, the font isn’t great and it doesn’t say “fantasy” enough for me. I will be playing around with it a lot before the first book comes out. I still like the idea of a girl surrounded by flames, since she is a fire sorceress after all.
A few updates:
I am reworking a few chapters in “Witch’s Sacrifice”. There were a few people who read it who said one scene in the book made no sense, and made one of the characters just appear to be an idiot. I couldn’t disagree with them so I’ve been trying to figure out how to fix it since then. I finally did a few weeks ago (that’s right, it took me a year to figure out how to fix one plot point.) I’ve been rewriting it and will probably republish that book before the end of the month.
Dragon’s Flame… which I’m still not convinced on that name because it’s kind of generic… is coming along nicely. I’m 17 k into it, and I have a feeling it’s going to be about 50 when I’m done. Still not sure about that since I keep adding things to make it more interesting. (Why am I writing this? It seems so boring? I know, set something on fire!)
The original title was “Awaken the Dragon”. I might go back to it, but I’m not sure. It depends on some things. I have a feeling that there will be lots of tweaks and changes before I ever get to the publishing. I just needed a working cover to have something to visualize the book…for now.
I got a new job, and quit my old job. I have another week before moving on to the new job, and a four day vacation between the two. Lots of writing to be done there. The awesome part was that during the interview they asked me what I had done in the past that required a lot of dedication, without supervision, and no reward till the end of the project. WRITING! We chatted about my books for a few minutes in the interview. It was awesome!
I’ll give you guys another update in a few days.